Lemon Sugar Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Colored sugar or sprinkles
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter and margarine over moderate heat. Stir
in granulated sugar; remove from heat and let cool 15 minutes.
- Beat in eggs and lemon extract. Add flour mixture, one-fourth at a time, mixing
well after each addition.
- Wrap dough and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, or overnight.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Divide dough in half. On a floured board or pastry cloth or between two layers
of wax paper roll one piece of dough 1/8-inch thick. Cut with assorted cookie cutters.
Place cookies two inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Decorate with colored
sugar if desired. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until edges
are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
Source: Jean Michaels, Redbook, 1978
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cut Cookie Recipes