- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and oats in a bowl. Cut in the butter until
mixture is crumbly.
- Beat eggs with water and mix in dry ingredients. Work into a
- Sprinkle a few oats on a lightly floured board. Roll out dough as thinly as possible.
Cut in circles or large triangles.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet in hot oven (400
degrees F) about 12 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold with butter, cheese or jam.
Makes 3 dozen.