Orange Scallop Cookies
This is an old South Georgia recipe. They are a great accompaniment for ice cream
or puddings and are very pretty on a platter for receptions or open houses.
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
Beat together egg and egg white; add orange peel. Add egg mixture to butter mixture;
- Combine flour and baking powder. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately
with orange juice, mixing well after each addition.
- On a floured surface with a rolling pin, roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
Cut with a 2 1/2-inch scalloped cutter and place on greased baking sheets.
at 375 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes, or until done.
- Remove to cooling racks immediately.
These cookies store well in airtight containers and freeze well.