Orange Scallop Cookies
This is an old South Georgia recipe. They are a great accompaniment for ice cream
or puddings and are very pretty on a platter for receptions or open houses.
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
Beat together egg and egg white; add orange peel. Add egg mixture to butter mixture;
- Combine flour and baking powder. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately
with orange juice, mixing well after each addition.
- On a floured surface with a rolling pin, roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
Cut with a 2 1/2-inch scalloped cutter and place on greased baking sheets.
at 375 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes, or until done.
- Remove to cooling racks immediately.
These cookies store well in airtight containers and freeze well.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.