Original Girl Scout Cookies
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Decorator's sugar, optional
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well
after each addition. Add milk and vanilla extract; beat until light and fluffy.
flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Chill at
least 2 hours or overnight.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with trefoil
cookie cutter or cutter of your choice. Place cookies on ungreased baking sheets.
Sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until
- Cool on wire racks.
Yields 4 dozen 2 1/2-inch cookies.