Philadelphia Sugar Cookies
Skip the bakery for the holidays and make your own sugar cookie cutouts at home.
PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese in the mix makes these especially Santa-worthy.
- 1 (8 ounce) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup colored sugar
- Beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add granulated
sugar and vanilla extract; mix well. Gradually add flour, beating well after each addition.
- Refrigerate for several hours or until chilled.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut into shapes
with 3- to 4-inch cookie cutters; sprinkle with colored sugar. Place, 2 inches apart,
on baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
prep: 20 min | total: 3 hr 35 min | 24 servings, 2 cookies each
How to soften cream cheese: Place completely unwrapped package of cream cheese
in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 15 seconds or until just softened.
nutritional info per serving: Calories 180 Total fat 11 g Saturated fat 7
g Cholesterol 35 mg Sodium 105 mg Carbohydrate 20 g Dietary fiber 0 g Sugars 10
g Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 6 %DV Vitamin C 0 %DV Calcium 0 %DV Iron 4 %DV
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.