- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 whole nutmeg, grated
- Grated rind of 2 lemons
- 6 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 6 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Hot oil for frying
- Confectioners' sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cream together the butter and sugar; slowly add egg yolks, nutmeg, and lemon
rind. Stir this mixture into sifted flour and fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
The dough will be soft but manageable. If too soft, cover the bowl and chill for
- Roll out small amounts of dough at a time on a floured board, keeping the rest
chilled until ready to use. Roll dough about 1/4-inch thick and cut into strips
1 x 6 inches. Fold each strip in half and twist together.
- Fry until golden brown
in oil heated to 375 degrees F.
- When done, remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Dust generously with confectioners' sugar forced through a sieve.
- Keep fresh
in a covered tin.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cut Cookie Recipes