- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups
King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon raspberry extract
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-size bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup butter and sugar until light
- Stir in the hazelnuts, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Mix in the flour to form a stiff dough. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for
at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough into a 1/4-inch thick rectangle,
and cut it into 2-inch rounds, gathering the scraps and re-rolling the dough as
- Place the rounds on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, or until they're lightly browned.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat together the confectioners' sugar, 2 teaspoons butter,
and raspberry extract.
- Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons of hot water, a little at a time, until the mixture
is of a good spreading consistency. Spread the icing onto the cooled cookies.