- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Red decorator sugar crystals
- Red cinnamon candies
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft and creamy; gradually
add sugar, beating well. Add egg, molasses, and orange juice, beating well.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating
until blended. Divide dough into thirds; roll each portion to 1/4-inch thickness
on lightly greased cookie sheets. Cut cookies close together with a 3 1/2-inch bear-shape
cookie cutter. Remove excess dough from cookie sheets. Decorate with sugar crystals
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
Makes 3 dozen.
Please SHOP HERE to support this site. We are an Amazon affiliate as a means of paying for the high cost of maintaining Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.