Rose Water Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- In large mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar at medium speed of electric mixer
until fluffy, scraping sides of bowl often. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well
after each addition.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture
alternately with sour cream and rose water, beating at low speed until blended.
- Divide dough in thirds and wrap each piece in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On well floured surface, roll one-third of the chilled
dough at a time 1/4 inch thick (dough will be soft and sticky). Cut into shapes
with floured 3-inch cookie cutters. Arrange 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
Sprinkle lightly with additional sugar.
- Bake for 12 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool on rack.