- 1 cup sweet butter, softened (do not substitute)
- 1 cup confectioners'
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
well drained maraschino cherries, cut into small pieces*
* or if you like you can use the same amount of candied red or green cherries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the confectioners'
sugar mixing well. Add vanilla extract and flour, beating well until dough cleans
the sides of the bowl.
- Remove from bowl cover and chill thoroughly for at least
- Roll out dough 1/2 inch thick on a lightly floured board. Cut into 2-inch
rounds with a cookie cutter. Place on ungreased cookie sheets and decorate with
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
Approximately 24 cookies
You can drizzle the tops with some melted bittersweet chocolate, if desired.
Posted by BettyBoop at Recipe Goldmine.