- 1 cup sweet butter, softened (do not substitute)
- 1 cup confectioners'
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
well drained maraschino cherries, cut into small pieces*
* or if you like you can use the same amount of candied red or green cherries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the confectioners'
sugar mixing well. Add vanilla extract and flour, beating well until dough cleans
the sides of the bowl.
- Remove from bowl cover and chill thoroughly for at least
- Roll out dough 1/2 inch thick on a lightly floured board. Cut into 2-inch
rounds with a cookie cutter. Place on ungreased cookie sheets and decorate with
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
Approximately 24 cookies
You can drizzle the tops with some melted bittersweet chocolate, if desired.
Posted by BettyBoop at Recipe Goldmine.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.