Soft Gingerbread Cookies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup molasses
- 6 cups all-purpose
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, soured
- Cream together sugar, butter and molasses. Sift together flour, soda, spices
and salt. Add flour mixture alternately with soured milk to creamed mixture. Mix
- Roll out on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thick. Cut into shapes using
cookie cutters of choice. Place gently on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at
400 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cool on racks and decorate, if desired.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 29, 2001.