Soft Molasses Cookies
This is an old recipe that was used in Louisiana during World War II when sugar
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 egg, beaten
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt.
another bowl, combine shortening, molasses, water and egg. Add shortening mixture
to flour mixture; mix thoroughly.
- Let stand about 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface. Cut with a cookie cutter. Place on lightly
greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes, or until done.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cut Cookie Recipes