Spiced Raspberry Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir flour and spices into bowl. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles fine
crumbs. Stir in sugar. Add egg and milk; mix to a soft dough.
- Roll out the dough
on a floured surface and cut out 2 1/2-inches round. Place 1/2 the rounds on greased
cookie sheets. Using a small decorative cookie cutter, cut out a shape from the
center of the remaining rounds. Arrange these on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack.
- Spread raspberry
jam between 2 cookies.