Sugar Cookies Bakery-Style
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners'
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups sifted flour (measure after
- Cream sugar and butter. Add egg and extracts.
- Mix together flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Stir into creamed mixture.
- Chill for 2 or 3 hours or overnight.
- Roll out on a lightly powdered board until dough is 1/4 inch (for crisper cookies)
to 1/2 inch thick (for soft cookies.) Cut with cookie cutters and place on cookie
- Bake for 7-9 minutes at 350 degrees F.