- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, combine shortening and sugar, beating at high speed with electric
mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract. Sift together flour,
baking powder and salt. Repeat sifting process, then blend sifted ingredients into
egg and sugar mixture.
- Chill dough for one to two hours for easier handling.
- Break off a third to a fourth of the dough, returning remainder to the refrigerator.
Place on a lightly floured board and gently roll to 1/4-inch thickness. Using cookie
cutters, cut cookies into desired shapes. Using a spatula, carefully transfer to
ungreased baking sheet. Decorate as desired with sprinkles or other holiday decorations.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden around edges.
- Remove from oven and allow
to cool until cookies begin to firm up.
- Remove to a rack to cool completely.
as desired with decorator frosting for cookies, colored sugar or other decorations.
Makes 2 1/2 to 3 dozen cookies.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cut Cookie Recipes