Tea Cake Cutouts
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 4 cups
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Sugar or colored
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric
mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flavorings,
and beat until blended.
- Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
Mix just until blended after each addition. Divide dough into 4 equal portions;
wrap each portion in plastic wrap.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Work with one portion of dough at a time, and store remainder in refrigerator.
- Roll dough to 1/8 inch thickness on a well-floured surface. Cut with a 2 1/2-inch
shaped cookie cutter, and place on greased cookie sheets. Decorate with sugar, if
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 5 to 6 minutes or until edges brown. Cool.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cut Cookie Recipes