Ultimate Butter Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg yolks
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter with the sugar, salt and
egg yolk until smooth. Blend in the flour until the mixture blends into a smooth
- Wrap the dough in a plastic bag and refrigerate for 1/2 hour or up to two days.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly-floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into
desired shapes using cookie cutters. Place on lightly-greased cookie sheets. Sprinkle
with decorating sugar.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
Yield: 3 1/2 dozen
Candy Cane Butter Cookies: Add 1 teaspoon almond extract, 1 teaspoon anise and
10-12 drops red food coloring.
Hungarian Holiday Butter Nut Cookies: Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 cup
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/24/01 9:29:11 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cut Cookie Recipes