Aloha Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon orange or lemon extract
- 3 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in natural
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease baking sheets. Place foil on countertop
for cooling cookies.
- Place brown sugar, shortening, egg, orange juice, orange peel, vanilla extract
and orange extract in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt and ginger. Add to shortening mixture;
beat at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in pineapple, coconut and macadamia nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonsful 2 inches apart onto greased baking
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Do not over-bake.
- Cool for 2 minutes. Remove cookies to foil to cool.
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.