Amaretto Apricot Chews
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon
- 2 1/2 cups regular or quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup snipped, dried
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Amaretto*
- Stir flour and baking soda.
- Beat butter until soft.
- Add brown sugar and sugar. Beat until fluffy.
- Add egg and Amaretto and beat well.
- Add flour mixture and beat well.
- Stir in oats, apricots and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until done.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then remove and cool thoroughly.
- Stir confectioners' sugar and remaining Amaretto to make a drizzle icing.
Drizzle over cookies.
*Almond extract, 1/2 teaspoon plus water, can be substituted for the Amaretto.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.