Amaretto Apricot Chews
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon
- 2 1/2 cups regular or quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup snipped, dried
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Amaretto*
- Stir flour and baking soda.
- Beat butter until soft.
- Add brown sugar and sugar. Beat until fluffy.
- Add egg and Amaretto and beat well.
- Add flour mixture and beat well.
- Stir in oats, apricots and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until done.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then remove and cool thoroughly.
- Stir confectioners' sugar and remaining Amaretto to make a drizzle icing.
Drizzle over cookies.
*Almond extract, 1/2 teaspoon plus water, can be substituted for the Amaretto.