- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon aniseed
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- Cream butter until soft, then gradually add sugar, and continue working
until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating hard after each addition.
- Stir in aniseed and flour.
- Drop batter from a teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet and place an almond
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms of cookies turn
a golden brown. The tops should be pale.
Makes 3 to 4 dozen.
The cakes improve in flavor if allowed to ripen in an airtight container for
several days before serving.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.