Apple Cheddar Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups apples, cored, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup nuts, chopped
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, and then stir in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the combined dry ingredients, blending well.
- Stir in the cheese, apples and nuts.
- Drop rounded teaspoonsful of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack or plate.