Apricot Amaretto Chews
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup
packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon amaretto
- 2 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup finely
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons amaretto
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl beat the butter or margarine until softened.
- Add the brown sugar
and sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg and 1 tablespoon of amaretto and mix well.
- Stir together flour and baking soda; add to the butter mixture and beat until
- Stir in the oats, apricots and almonds.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10
- Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then remove and cool thoroughly on rack.
- Stir together confectioners' sugar and enough of the 2 to 3 tablespoons of
amaretto to make an icing of drizzling consistency. Drizzle over the cookies.
Makes 54 cookies.
*Almond extract may be used in place of amaretto. In dough use 1/2 teaspoon almond
extract and 2 teaspoons of water in place of the amaretto. In icing use 1/4 teaspoon
almond extract and enough water to get the correct consistency in place of the amaretto.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.