Apricot Amaretto Chews
Yield: 54 cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- 2 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl beat the butter until softened.
- Add the brown sugar and sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg and 1 tablespoon of amaretto and mix well.
- Stir together flour and baking soda; add to the butter mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Stir in the oats, apricots and almonds.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then remove and cool thoroughly on rack.
- Stir together confectioners' sugar and enough of the 2 to 3 tablespoons of amaretto to make an icing of drizzling consistency. Drizzle over the cookies.
*Almond extract may be used in place of amaretto. In dough use 1/2 teaspoon almond extract and 2 teaspoons of water in place of the amaretto. In icing use 1/4 teaspoon almond extract and enough water to get the correct consistency in place of the amaretto.