Apricot Amaretto Chews
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup
packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon amaretto
- 2 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup finely
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons amaretto
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl beat the butter or margarine until softened.
- Add the brown sugar
and sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg and 1 tablespoon of amaretto and mix well.
- Stir together flour and baking soda; add to the butter mixture and beat until
- Stir in the oats, apricots and almonds.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10
- Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then remove and cool thoroughly on rack.
- Stir together confectioners' sugar and enough of the 2 to 3 tablespoons of
amaretto to make an icing of drizzling consistency. Drizzle over the cookies.
Makes 54 cookies.
*Almond extract may be used in place of amaretto. In dough use 1/2 teaspoon almond
extract and 2 teaspoons of water in place of the amaretto. In icing use 1/4 teaspoon
almond extract and enough water to get the correct consistency in place of the amaretto.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dropped Cookie Recipes