Arizona Pecan Nuggets
- 4 1/2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cup brown sugar, loosely scooped (not
- 1 cup finely grated coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, mix pecans, brown sugar, coconut and salt.
- Add honey, egg whites
and vanilla extract; blend by hand or with a rubber spatula just until ingredients
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment baking paper or foil, drop batter by rounded
tablespoons 1 inch apart.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Do
- Cool completely on lined cookie sheet. If cookies stick, peel paper
or foil from cookies.
- To store, layer cookies between fresh parchment paper in airtight
Makes 4 dozen nuggets.
Bake on a dry day. Humidity makes these cookies very sticky.