Arizona Pecan Nuggets
- 4 1/2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cup brown sugar, loosely scooped (not packed)
- 1 cup finely grated coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, mix pecans, brown sugar, coconut and salt.
- Add honey, egg whites
and vanilla extract; blend by hand or with a rubber spatula just until ingredients
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment baking paper or foil, drop batter by rounded
tablespoons 1 inch apart.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Do
- Cool completely on lined cookie sheet. If cookies stick, peel paper
or foil from cookies.
- To store, layer cookies between fresh parchment paper in airtight
Makes 4 dozen nuggets.
Bake on a dry day. Humidity makes these cookies very sticky.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.