Awesome Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup chocolate
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly butter two baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer set on medium-high speed, cream the butter and
sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix until combined.
in the vanilla extract.
- With the mixer on low speed or using a wooden spoon, gradually
add the flour until combined.
- Stir in the oats.
- Divide the batter in half.
the raisins into one half and the chocolate chips into the other.
- Drop the dough
by rounded tablespoonsful onto the baking sheets. Leave about 3 inches between
each one for spreading. Flatten each cookie slightly with the back of the spoon.
- Bake 1 or 2 baking sheets at a time for 10 to 13 minutes. Check for doneness after
10 minutes. The cookies are done when they are lightly browned around the edges.
- Remove the baking sheets to a wire rack and let the cookies cool for about 2 minutes.
- Using a metal spatula, remove the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
These cookies can be wrapped in plastic wrap
and foil and frozen for up to one month. Thaw at room temperature.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.