Awesome Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup chocolate
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly butter two baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer set on medium-high speed, cream the butter and
sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix until combined.
in the vanilla extract.
- With the mixer on low speed or using a wooden spoon, gradually
add the flour until combined.
- Stir in the oats.
- Divide the batter in half.
the raisins into one half and the chocolate chips into the other.
- Drop the dough
by rounded tablespoonsful onto the baking sheets. Leave about 3 inches between
each one for spreading. Flatten each cookie slightly with the back of the spoon.
- Bake 1 or 2 baking sheets at a time for 10 to 13 minutes. Check for doneness after
10 minutes. The cookies are done when they are lightly browned around the edges.
- Remove the baking sheets to a wire rack and let the cookies cool for about 2 minutes.
- Using a metal spatula, remove the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
These cookies can be wrapped in plastic wrap
and foil and frozen for up to one month. Thaw at room temperature.