Baker's One Bowl Death
by Chocolate Cookies
- 2 packages (16 squares) Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, divided
cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Calumet Baking Powder
- 2 cups chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coarsely chop 8 squares (1 package) of the chocolate;
- Microwave remaining 8 squares chocolate in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH for
1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Stir in sugar, butter,
eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Stir in reserved chopped
chocolate and nuts.
- Drop by 1/4 cupsful onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12
to 13 minutes or until cookies are puffed and feel set to the touch.
- Cool on cookie
sheet for 1 minute.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Makes about 1 1/2 dozen cookies.