Banana Bread Cookies
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl with mixer on medium
speed 3 minutes or until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, banana and vanilla extract until well blended
and banana is mashed.
- On low speed, gradually beat in flour in 3 additions until just blended.
- Stir in chocolate and nuts.
- Drop rounded measuring tablespoons of
dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet(s).
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove to rack to cool completely.