Banana Nut Bread Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 large bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, not
- 1/2 cup crushed nuts (your choice, optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in wheat flour. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add 1 egg and beat until well blended.
remaining egg and beat well.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix
- Fold in the bananas, vanilla extract and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto
greased cookie sheets.
- Place on middle rack of the oven and bake for 15 minutes,
making sure not to under-bake them.
- When a wooden pick comes out clean, the cookies