Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups semi-sweet premium chocolate chips (Ghirardelli or Guittard preferred)
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, sugars, vanilla extract and lemon
- Add eggs and mix until smooth.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Mix in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spoon rounded balls (about 1/4 cup each) onto a parchment or foil-lined
cookie sheet about two inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown on outside edges but still
soft in the middle.
Yield: 40 large cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.