Billy Goat Date Cakes
- 1 pound pitted dates
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1 cup brown
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon nutmeg or mace
- Cut dates into pieces with scissors and mix with nuts.
- Cream butter with sugar
and beat in eggs until light and fluffy.
- Beat in sour cream.
- Mix 1/2 cup of the
flour into dates and nuts to coat them.
- Mix together remaining dry ingredients;
stir into egg mixture, and add dates and nuts.
- Drop batter by spoonsful on well-greased
- Bake at 350 degrees F until nicely browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
Makes about 6 dozen cookies.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.