Bittersweet Decadence Cookies
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 14 ounces
semisweet chocolate, chopped, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl until blended; set aside.
- Melt 8 ounces chocolate and butter in a saucepan until smooth; set aside.
- In a bowl, set over simmering water, whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla extract until
mixture is lukewarm.
- Remove bowl from water, then stir in warm chocolate mixture
- Stir in flour mixture, nuts and remaining chocolate.
- Scoop tablespoons
of dough onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until tops look dry.
- Let cool.
Makes 36 cookies.