Black Gold Cookies
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 ounces
unsweetened chocolate, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a sifter combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Sift onto a large piece
of wax paper and set aside until needed.
- Heat 1 inch of water in the bottom half of a double boiler over medium heat.
- With the heat on, place 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, the unsweetened chocolate,
and butter in the top half of the double boiler. Use a rubber spatula to stir the
chocolate and butter until completely melted and smooth, about 6 minutes.
the melted chocolate mixture to a 1-quart bowl and set aside until needed.
- Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted
with a paddle. Beat on medium for 4 minutes until soft. Use a rubber spatula to scrape
down the sides of the bowl, then continue to beat on medium for 2 more minutes.
- Stop the mixer, then add the melted chocolate and beat on medium for 1 minute until
incorporated. Scrape down the bowl.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients and the remaining
4 ounces semisweet chocolate and mix on low speed until just incorporated, about
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and use a rubber spatula to finish mixing
the dough until thoroughly combined.
- Using a heaping tablespoon of dough for each cookie (approximately 3/4 ounce),
place 12 cookies, evenly spaced, onto each of 3 nonstick baking sheets.
- Place the
baking sheets on the top and center racks of the preheated oven and bake for 9 to
10 minutes, rotating the sheets from top to center about halfway through the baking
time (at this time also turn each sheet 180 degrees).
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature on the
baking sheets, about 30 minutes.
- Store the cooled cookies in a tightly sealed plastic
container until ready to serve.
Yields 3 dozen.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.