Brown Sugar Confections
Yield: 4 dozen
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- Beat egg whites to a stiff froth. Continue beating and adding sugar gradually.
- When all sugar has been incorporated, sift the flour and salt over egg white mixture and fold in completely.
- Fold in nuts.
- Drop by spoonsful on a greased cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about 15 minutes.