Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 cups flour
teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups uncooked regular oats
cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Beat butter at medium speed with mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add brown sugar,
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Combine baking soda and water, stirring well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt
and baking soda mixture; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well.
- Stir in
oats and remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonsful onto greased
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 2 minutes
on sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes about 6 dozen.
Source: Southern Living