Browned Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Using browned butter to make chocolate chunk cookies gives them an incomparably rich caramelized flavor.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Cinnamon, Ground Saigon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter in medium heavy-bottom saucepan on medium heat. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes
or until butter forms browned specks on bottom of pan, stirring occasionally.
- Pour butter into large bowl. Cool slightly.
- Add sugars and vanilla; mix well.
- Add eggs; mix until well blended.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Refrigerate dough for about 15 minutes or until cooled to room temperature.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Stir chocolate and pecans into dough.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute.
- Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Prep: 15 min | Bake: 12 min | Yield: 36 cookies
Nutrition information (Amount per serving) Calories: 131 Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 86mg Protein: 2g Total Fat: 7g Fiber: 1g Carbohydrate: 15g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: