Bushel of Cookies
Yield: 24 dozen
- 2 pounds raisins, finely chopped
- 1 pound pecans, finely chopped
- 5 cups butter, softened
- 11 cups granulated sugar
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 quart (4 cups) milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla extract
- 12 cups quick-cooking oats
- 21 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 (12 ounce) packages butterscotch chips
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, a few at a time, mixing well after each.
- Add syrup, milk and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Stir in oats, raisins and pecans.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into oat mixture.
- Fold in chips.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.