Butter Cardamom Cookies
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons cardamom
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, confectioners' sugar and cardamom
for 3 minutes using a paddle attachment.
- Slowly add the eggs, scraping down after
- Add flour and salt.
- Remove the dough, and pipe or spoon into quarter-size
drops onto a parchment-lined or nonstick cookie sheet. Space 1/2 inch apart.
for 10 to 11 minutes.
- Turn sheet pan around and continue to bake for 10 to 11 more minutes.
Cookies should have a golden color.
Makes 32 cookies.
Source: Recipe by Sherry Yard, for the American Butter Institute.