Candy Counter Cookies
- Parchment paper
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup regular oats (not quick-cooking)
- 1/2 cup plain M&M's
- 1/2 cup Reese's Pieces
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together the flour, oats, M&M's, Reese's Pieces,
raisins, peanuts, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the sugars.
- Add the egg and combine well.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Using a 1/4-cup measure, drop the dough onto the baking sheets, spacing about
2 inches apart. Flatten each portion of dough slightly.
- Bake in a preheated 350
degree F oven for about 12 to 16 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Cool the cookies for 5 minutes on the sheets, then transfer them to wire racks and cool completely.
- Wrap them tightly and store at room temperature.
Makes 20 cookies.
Source: The New American Kitchen by Michael McLaughlin - The Wichita
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.