Caramel Apple Streusel Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (7 ounce) package instant spiced apple drink mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups flour (if dough is too soft, add another 1/4 cup flour)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dried apple, chopped
- 2/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Cookie Dough: mixing bowl combine the butter, sugars and spiced apple mix;
beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add flour, oats and baking soda to the egg mixture.
- Stir in the dried apples and walnuts.
- Streusel Topping: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend until fine crumbs.
- Drop the cookie dough by teaspoonsful into the Streusel Topping and roll
to cover the cookie.
- Place dough on greased cookie sheet and bake for 9 to 11 minutes.
- Cool for one minute and remove to wire rack.
- Caramel Frosting: Combine ice cream topping and confectioners' sugar.
- Drizzle the Caramel Frosting over the cookies.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.