Carrot Cake Cookies
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Gradually add
to creamed mixture until well blended.
- Stir in carrots and raisins.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonsful 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated 325 degrees F oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before icing.