- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups old-fashioned or quick-cooking rolled oats,
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter, brown sugar and granulated
sugar until well mixed.
- Add eggs; mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder,
baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to butter mixture and mix well.
in oats, raisins, carrots and nuts.
- Drop dough by tablespoonsful onto ungreased
baking sheets. Flatten slightly.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven 25 to 30
minutes, or until done.
- Transfer to racks to cool.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.