Cereal Killer Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 (6 ounce) packages almond brickle chips
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix the oats with the brickle chips.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
- In a food processor, mix the sugars until blended, then gradually add the butter.
Continue to process until creamy and smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and
process until blended.
- Add the flour mixture and process just until combined. Pour
this mixture over the oats and brickle chips and stir until well combined.
- Using a 2-tablespoon measure, measure out scoops of dough and place at least
2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden
- Cool on wire racks.