- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/3 cup cherry liqueur
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
(at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup coarsely
chopped macadamia nuts
- The day before making cookies, plump the dried cherries by covering them with
very hot water and letting them stand for about 10 minutes.
- Drain them, toss with
the cherry liqueur, and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard the liqueur when ready to make the cookies.
- Heat oven to 350
- Cream the butter with the white and brown sugars, blending in the egg, vanilla
extract and almond extract.
- Fold in the salt, baking soda and flour.
- Fold in cherries,
white and dark chocolate and macadamia nuts. The batter should be soft.
- Drop generous
tablespoons of the batter onto baking sheets, leaving plenty of space between the
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until brown around the edges.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.