- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/3 cup cherry liqueur
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
(at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup coarsely
chopped macadamia nuts
- The day before making cookies, plump the dried cherries by covering them with
very hot water and letting them stand for about 10 minutes.
- Drain them, toss with
the cherry liqueur, and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard the liqueur when ready to make the cookies.
- Heat oven to 350
- Cream the butter with the white and brown sugars, blending in the egg, vanilla
extract and almond extract.
- Fold in the salt, baking soda and flour.
- Fold in cherries,
white and dark chocolate and macadamia nuts. The batter should be soft.
- Drop generous
tablespoons of the batter onto baking sheets, leaving plenty of space between the
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until brown around the edges.