Cherry Garcia Cookies
- 2 cups dried cherries
- 2/3 cup cherry brandy
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Plump dried cherries by covering with cherry brandy and let sit overnight or
microwave enough to warm them and let them sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cream the butter with the granulated and brown sugars.
- Blend in egg, vanilla
extract and almond extract.
- Fold in salt, baking soda and flour.
- Fold in cherries and brandy, white and dark
chocolate and macadamia nuts. Batter should be soft.
- Drop in generous tablespoons onto baking sheet, leaving space between dollops
- Bake until lightly browned around edges - 12 to 14 minutes.