Cherry Malted Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups sifted enriched flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate malted milk powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sift flour, malted milk powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Blend shortening
and brown sugar, creaming well.
- Add egg, maraschino cherry juice and vanilla extract
and beat well.
- Blend in dry ingredients gradually, mixing thoroughly.
- Add maraschino
- Drop by rounded teaspoonsful onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12
to 15 minutes.
Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dropped Cookie Recipes