Chewiest Chocolate Chip Cookies
Crispy out the outside, chewy in the middle makes for the ideal chocolate chip cookie. To get the chewiest chocolate chip cookies, don’t skimp on creaming your butter and sugars well, as well as make sure you chill before baking!
Prep: 15 min | Bake: 15 min
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with hand-held mixer, beat butter, brown sugar and sugar until creamy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each. Add vanilla extract.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture all at once and mix on low until combined. Stir in chocolate, reserving 1/2 cup of the chopped chocolate.
- Use a large cookie scoop or 1/4 cup to measure out cookie dough. Use your hands to roll into balls and place on prepared sheet pan 3 inches apart (you’ll get 6 cookies to a pan). Top each with a few reserved chocolate chunks.
- Bake until edges are golden but middles still look a little doughy, about 13 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool on pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.