Chewy Chocolate Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2 cups
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nuts, finely chopped
- Cream butter or margarine and sugar in large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla
extract; blend well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually blend into creamed mixture.
- Stir in nuts (optional).
- Drop by teaspoonsful onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at
350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes. They will puff up during cooking, then flatten
- Cool on cookie sheet until set (about 1 minute).
- Remove to wire rack to cool
Makes about 4 1/2 dozen.
Variation: You may add 2 cups peanut butter chips to batter, if desired.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dropped Cookie Recipes