Chewy Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Oatmeal cookies are chock full of dried cranberries and white chocolate chunks.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chunks
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; stir in oats. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add honey and vanilla extract; beat until blended.
- Add the flour mixture in two additions, beating until well combined.
- Stir in cranberries and chocolate chunks.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheets.
- Bake until the centers of the cookies are soft, about 9 to 11 minutes.
- Let cool on the sheets for 5 minutes; transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Servings: 3 1/2 dozen
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin.