Chile Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Ground red chile: 2 tablespoons for mild, 3 tablespoons for
warm, 4 tablespoons for hot
- 3 cups chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 cup pinons
(pine nuts) (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, both sugars, beaten eggs and vanilla extract.
Beat until smooth and light.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and ground
red chile all together.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to egg mixture. Beat until just combined,
then fold by hand until well blended.
- Scoop batter into 1-inch balls and place on a buttered cookie sheet.
- Bake on the lower rack of the oven until lightly golden, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet while hot.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
Chill the cookie sheets between batches for best results.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dropped Cookie Recipes