Chile Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Ground red chile: 2 tablespoons for mild, 3 tablespoons for
warm, 4 tablespoons for hot
- 3 cups chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 cup pinons
(pine nuts) (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, both sugars, beaten eggs and vanilla extract.
Beat until smooth and light.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and ground
red chile all together.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to egg mixture. Beat until just combined,
then fold by hand until well blended.
- Scoop batter into 1-inch balls and place on a buttered cookie sheet.
- Bake on the lower rack of the oven until lightly golden, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet while hot.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
Chill the cookie sheets between batches for best results.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.