Chocolate Black Walnut Cookies
- 2 sticks butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips or mini M & M's
- 1/2 cup grated or finely chopped chocolate
- 1 cup Black Walnuts
- In a large bowl, mix butter and sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, sea salt, cornstarch and baking soda.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture. Batter should be thick
and a little bit dry. If it's too sticky, add more flour.
- Add in all the chocolate and Black Walnuts.
- Chill batter in fridge for 20 minutes or longer.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop and roll balls of cookie dough.
- Put on prepared pan 1-2 inches apart. Press down lightly to flatten cookies
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Do not over-bake. Take them out of the oven while they are still a little bit mushy so they
can finish baking on the pan.
Recipe and photo credit:
Hammons Products Company.