Chocolate Cinnamon Chewies
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box plain devil's food cake mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup
(1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 2/3 cups (10 ounce package) Hershey's
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheet with solid vegetable shortening.
- Place the dry cake mix, water, melted butter and egg in large bowl. Blend with
mixer on low speed for 1 minute.
- Increase speed to medium; beat for 1 minute (dough
will be thick).
- Stir in cinnamon chips and nuts.
- Drop scant teaspoons of dough on
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until set.
- Let stand on cookie sheet 3 minutes;
remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
Yields about 7 dozen cookies.
Cinnamon Drizzled Cookies: Use 1 cup cinnamon chips in cookie batter; bake and
cool as directed. Place remaining 2/3 cup cinnamon chips and 1 1/2 teaspoons shortening
(NOT butter, margarine, oil or spread) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at
HIGH (100%) 30 seconds or just until chips are melted when stirred. Drizzle over
Source: Hershey's Kitchens
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dropped Cookie Recipes